Do you have an online store? Well, pay attention because the SEO tips for eCommerce product cards that we offer in this post will help you generate more revenue with your digital business. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
Today I want you to see how you can gain visibility in search engines with some SEO tips to optimize your eCommerce product pages. In short, we will see how you can do it so that your tabs attract more visits from users looking to buy products like yours, by SEO experts in eCommerce.
The better the SEO focus for your eCommerce product pages, the better the chances of making cash😉
Índice de contenidos
- 1 What is SEO for eCommerce product sheets?
- 2 Why apply SEO optimization techniques for eCommerce product sheets?
- 2.1 #1. Conduct a research of the keywords you are interested in
- 2.2 #2. Optimize your content with them for on page SEO.
- 2.3 #3. Make your descriptions
- 2.4 #4. Be careful with the images, don’t forget to optimize them!
- 2.5 #5. Do not underestimate internal links
- 2.6 #6. Take advantage of the social networks’ potential
- 2.7 #7. Don’t load product cards without stock
What is SEO for eCommerce product sheets?
Chances are that if you are involved in this world of online sales you will already know what I mean by SEO for eCommerce product pages. But just in case, I’ll clarify it in two lines.
Just like any other web content, the product cards of an online store rank in search engines. When competing for organic positioning, it is advisable to apply a series of techniques or strategies aimed at improving positioning in the SERPs. But SEO on eCommerce sites has its peculiarities.
The tips I want to share with you today have to do with optimizing something very specific within your online store: the product cards.
Why apply SEO optimization techniques for eCommerce product sheets?
In your online store you have two options when it comes to product cards:
- You can choose to create a mediocre to bad file and skip SEO. How? Leaving product descriptions blank or with very little text, uploading images on your website that are not optimized, of terrible quality, that do not allow you to appreciate the characteristics of the item, limiting the product sheets to a handful of features that do not contribute anything… These product sheets may catch the eye of some absent-minded customer, but they will hardly make your online store become a benchmark.
- Or you can opt for the other option, work a little and do things right from the beginning, which is the path you should choose if you are looking for a competitive online store.
eCommerce is growing like mushrooms. Every day a few new ones are born, and therefore, it is more difficult for customers to find you among so much competition. If at least your product cards are well designed, you have a lot to gain for Google to look at you with good eyes, give you an optimal position in its ranking, and the customer will end up buying from you.
To do this, you can try each of these seven SEO tips for eCommerce product cards that I bring you today.
#1. Conduct a research of the keywords you are interested in
It is important to conduct keyword research. Knowing how people are searching for the product you supply is vital.
Put a lot of emphasis on selecting
long tail keywords
or “long tail keywords” to focus the searches much more. For example, “women’s running shoes” than “Triumph women’s triathlon running shoes”. The first keyword, more generic, could match many more searches, but its competition is very high; while the second, much more specific, has a better chance of specifically reaching a smaller group of women looking to buy those specific shoes, or at least very similar ones.
#2. Optimize your content with them for on page SEO.
Once you have the list of main and related keywords you must use them in key places of the product sheet.
If you are an advanced user in everything related to eCommerce this advice will seem very obvious. But it should not be so much, when you notice that in many online stores, although you can see that they have a fairly decent list of keywords, they only use it in the title of the product.
The keywords must appear in:
- Title and meta description: very important for on page SEO (especially title).
- h1 and h2 tags: if you do it right, in a medium length description you have enough to put a couple of h2 (or at least one).
- Url of the file: Put the keyword in the url, and if you can accompany it with the model of the product that should also appear in the product name. An example could be www.mitiendaonline.com/category/zapatillas-deportivas-negras-mujer-x124.
Don’t get obsessed with keywords to the point of neglecting the
Once you have them placed in strategic places, you should focus on writing for the user. Use synonyms, related words, longtail… The result should always be natural, clear and accessible. Remember: semantic SEO!
#3. Make your descriptions
Have you limited yourself to copying the descriptions given by the supplier in your eCommerce product sheets? A total bust! NEVER copy and paste. Why? Well, because if any of your competitors have also limited themselves to do the same, now you will have the same product listing and that is duplicate content, one of the great obsessions of Google, and therefore, penalizable.
It’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty and do some work on your product card texts. Always try to talk about benefits instead of focusing on describing features. Tell the customer what he/she will get if he/she buys that product.
You don’t have to imitate the TV store, but you don’t have to explain yourself telegraphically: “black women’s breathable sneaker with non-slip sole”. Conquer the customer with your words and make him feel that he needs this product in his life.
If you make your own extensive descriptions of about 300 words in length, with a subtitle structure (h2), and you also add good optimized images, or even a video explaining the product, you will be gaining many points for Google to open the doors to the queries and the user buys on your website.
That’s what you’re looking for, isn’t it! 😉
#4. Be careful with the images, don’t forget to optimize them!
When the customer cannot touch the product, image is the key. If you sell on the Internet you must take this into account. Show in your online store product photographs of the highest quality and with the greatest possible detail. If they are your own images, you’ve got it made.
In addition, these images must be optimized. This is one of those SEO tips for eCommerce product sheets that are often overlooked by many online stores. How can you optimize them?
- Reduce its weight as much as possible: to increase the page loading speed.
- Use keywords in the image file name: note the difference between “imagen_123.jpg” and “zapatillas-deporte-mujer.jpg”. How do you think Google will best find your product?
- Never leave the Alt (alternative text) tag or attribute empty: this is the description that is displayed when there is a problem with the display of the photo by the browser.
- You must also fill in the Title tag.
Do not forget to include the main keyword and a semantic variant in these tags.
The internal link structure is key to positioning a website, whether it is a niche page or an eCommerce, because it is considered a factor linked to usability.
A good way to do “internal linkbuilding” is through related products that complement the one the user is currently viewing. It is also a good option to suggest what products other customers have bought on the web. Check out Amazon or Zalando, for example.
You should not turn your back on social networks because they can give you a lot of play. Including buttons to share your products on them is a good starting point. If the user is encouraged to click on it, he will spread the file among his followers, increasing the reach and interaction of your store.
Google will always tell you that social networks do not influence positioning, but we all know that social signals do have an impact.
It is also positive to include customer reviews in the product sheet, which are ultimately indexable content. On the other hand, and going out of the strictly related to SEO at a technical level, the opinions of others can determine to a great extent the purchase decision. If positive reviews appear next to the product, you are earning points so that the user decides to add it to the cart. These ratings can also be included by Google in its Rich Snippets or structured data.
#7. Don’t load product cards without stock
A correct management of out-of-stock product cards is essential in an eCommerce. You have an out-of-stock product that will not be restocked in the future. What are you doing? If you just delete the product card and it was positioned in the search engine you will be generating a 404 error as a house. Another screw-up!
Do not lose the traffic that was coming to that url, take advantage of it through a redirect (301 if that product has been removed permanently or 302 if it is temporary) to another section of your website such as a similar product page, a category or a subcategory.
Another option would be to include a short text in the card where you indicate to the user that this product is no longer in stock and suggest other similar items in your store. Choose the option you prefer, but never just delete.
If you implement these seven SEO tips for eCommerce product cards you will be gaining points, climbing positions in the rankings and appearing to the user who performs
(focused on the purchase).
You can see that these are quite affordable tactics that you can apply in the day-to-day running of your online store. Do you think I’ve left out anything important to mention in terms of SEO optimization of eCommerce product cards? Leave a comment!
And if you found this article useful, share it with other users so that they can also apply these tips! 🙂
If you want more information you can consult Jordiob’s seo manual for ecommerce.
Sin asignación particular. Artículos redactados por el el equipo de Rodanet. Varias personas del equipo participan en crear los mejores artículos en cooperación y equipo 💪 Porque nos encanta trabajar en equipo 🔝