When we have to build a positive brand image, we have to dedicate a lot of time and effort without forgetting that one of the most complicated parts is to maintain that online reputation. As in the real world, reputation is a big part of a company’s success, and that is why Rodanet has long specialized in the field of reputation management.
online reputation agency
But what does it mean or what is online reputation? And why is online reputation so important? We explain it in this post, read on!
Índice de contenidos
- 1 What is online reputation?
- 2 Why it is essential to take care of our online reputation
- 3 The advantages of engine optimization for online reputation
- 4 How to improve the online reputation of a website
- 5 9 Strategies to improve your online reputation
- 6 Online reputation: useful tools
- 7 How to ensure the success of our online reputation strategy?
What is online reputation?
Online reputation, or digital reputation, is a discipline that consists of constantly monitoring the web and social networks for external references (Twitter, Facebook, review sites, forums, etc.) to one’s own brand or website. This is done systematically in an attempt to provide metrics on how the web “sees” us and how we can make those results look better. The
reputation management on the web
is a true art that unites both major brands and individual professionals. In the past, very famous brands, banks and even future U.S. presidents have used this technique to monitor feedbacks.
from the web about a person or company.
Why do you need advice on your online reputation? In today’s complex market, the perception of a brand by users, including Google reviews, is highly valued: improving reputation, therefore, can contribute in the medium and long term to the economic health of the company or professional in question.
Why it is essential to take care of our online reputation
An online reputation management campaign is mainly based on two things, actions and opinions that are expressed on the Internetwhere the content can be posted anonymously, if not well controlled, these actions and opinions can cause a strong negative impact on the company or brand with which we are working.
Today almost everyone uses the Internet, whether for information or simply for entertainment, around 90 percent of Internet users in Europe use Google. Search engines base their results on content and rank them by what “they”, the search engine robots, consider most relevant and of the highest quality, and the user searching for information generally does not go beyond the first 10 results on page 1.
Online reputation management is becoming more and more important, more and more companies are using digital marketing strategies to protect their brand from negative comments and opinions, even many times it is the same competition who creates negative content and positions it to discredit our brand. A recent study shows that around 74% of consumers base their purchase on the experience of other users that has been shared online, whether it is on specialized review sites or on social networks. For these reasons, we can affirm that online opinions can directly affect our business and that the information we read online is directly related to the opinion we form about things.
So the defamatory and negative content can greatly affect a company’s sales.Whether you are a multinational company or a small, family-owned business, search engines rank for “relevance” and “quality” (or at least what search engine robots understand by quality…). In other words, disinformation and lies can spread very quickly, especially with the evolution of social networks.
This is why online reputation and its management is fundamental. It serves as a defense against any “attack” against any company with negative or defamatory content, and this is also why in recent years a great variety of companies have been created to solve this type of problem. The main idea is to control what users see about our company.
Ignoring the way people talk about our brand on the Internet means ignoring what people are saying about us. is already influencing the perceptions of our potential consumers at the moment, and that may affect the results of advertising investments in other media (television, radio, newspaper ads…) due to the sentiment created on the Internet.
The advantages of engine optimization for online reputation
Website optimization and online reputation services take care of a series of activities to positively influence consumer perception and reduce the negative signals that can harm your company’s profitability.
The strategic management of online reputation makes it possible to create a digital identity in line with corporate goals, avoid reputational crises and progressively improve the results of the promotional strategies implemented.
SEO and online reputation activities through the web allow:
- Accelerate time to success.
- Rapidly increase profitability.
- Intercept visitors looking for solutionslike ours.
- Create interest in the goods and services we promote.
- Promote the authority of the brand before our public.
- Increase the possibilities of establishing positive relationships with relevant industry personalities and renowned influencers.
- Increase audience engagement.
- Promote positive word-of-mouth and brand awareness through the network.
- Increase short-term salesin favor of the company’s overall profitability.
- Improve reputation against the competition.
How to improve the online reputation of a website
Search engine optimization encompasses a series of activities that improve search engine performance. usability of the contents of a web site and their ability to be picked up by search engines so that they can appear among the first results offered in users’ searches.
This means that, through optimization and content creation, it is possible to influence the type of information that can be obtained through search engines so that negative signals are less visible in favor of positive ones.
Inbound marketing, guided by positioning objectives, aims to increase the sources of positive signals in favor of the digital identity, through the creation of content (blog articles, press releases, posts on social networks…).
These strategies can enhance the perception of brand authority and amplify the performance of all advertising activities that depend on a positive online reputation for results.
Online reputation enhancement strategies should be carried out consistently across all relevant media (website, Facebook pages, Instagram account, YouTube channel) to deliver a consistent impression to the public and profitable for the business.
Web reputation focuses on activities that involve:
- web sites
- social networks
All this in order to provide information about the qualities of the brand, offer effective responses to the needs of your audience and increase the “appreciation” that the search engine has for our online presence.
Our website can host a large amount of content aimed at improving the perception of the brand’s authority, such as:
- blog posts
- success stories
9 Strategies to improve your online reputation
Among the most effective strategies to improve brand visibility are:
- The creation of a corporate blog to provide complete and original content that enhances users’ perception of the brand’s qualities.
- Acquiring links from relevant sites to gain authority in the eyes of search engines and improve positioning.
- Creation of content for publication on other sites (guest posts) in order to make the brand known to a wider audience equally interested in the products and services offered.
- Collaboration with influential people to publicize our products and services.
- The publication of press releases to generate a constructive news flow for a positive brand reputation.
- Creation of web pages with optimized content
- Creation of blogs like wordpress or blogspot with “EMD’s” if possible.
- Creation of social profiles: vimeo, youtube, about.me, linkedin.com…
- Creation of opinion pages.
Once a good number of pages have been created, we will start with the linkbuilding strategy to make sure that the contents we have created are correctly positioned where we want them to be and that they displace the negative results. All of this content along with the SEO strategies mentioned above can help improve our online reputation and protect it at the same time.
Online reputation: useful tools
How do we know what people are saying about our brand? Perception analysis is a fundamental activity in online reputation management, which makes it possible to track the evolution of the public’s perception of the brand over time.
Several programs can be used for this purpose, such as:
- Google Alert to receive email alerts whenever the brand is mentioned in any source.
- Seozoom or Semrush to identify searches that mention the brand.
- Mention to monitor the web and discover all the conversations about the brand.
- Facebook search to detect posts from people mentioning the brand.
Still, from the point of view of defending one’s reputation on the web, Google itself provides some useful tools. We refer in particular to the so-called Right to be Forgotten.
By this we mean the fact that we can request the Mountain View search engine to remove certain information about us from its index.
To do so, you must follow a procedure and, of course, certify our identity and provide valid reasons why we wish to deindex a content.
How to ensure the success of our online reputation strategy?
Our SEO agency helps you to use these tools and public relations in a really effective way to generate a reliable online presence, counteract phenomena that can damage your credibility and eliminate low quality links that risk penalizing you.
We take care of creating strong signals to support your digital reputation, to expand your brand visibility, to create search engine optimized content designed to convey persuasive information to support your online visibility. What are you waiting for, get in touchwith our Rodanet team!