Private Blog Networks, PBN, or “private blog networks” are a type of link building that represents one of the most effective SEO techniques. Do you want to position a website and you have too much competition or you don’t have time to do it only with content or other organic techniques? Today I want to share with you this guide to set up your own private blog network, just follow the steps! 😉
Simplifying the matter a bit, there are 2 major link building techniques (which work quite well) in which you create your own artificial backlinks to position a money site as if they were natural:
- Tiered link building: link pyramids consist of creating three levels of links. A first level, composed of quality blogs, links to the website to be positioned. A second tier, with links on lower quality sites, links to tier 1. And a third level with low quality sites and links from forums, guestbooks, etc., points to level 2.
- Private blog networks: Several blogs send quality backlinks to the money site, but do not link to each other.
Currently, the safest and best performing is to build a PBN. “Why?”, you may ask…. Well, because they are not linked to each other, it is more difficult for Google’s algorithm to detect an artificial pattern.
Today I bring a PBN Guide to create your own private blog network. You just have to follow the 5 steps that I indicate, and work hard to start your own Private Blog Network.
Índice de contenidos
Creating a private blog network is expensive and requires work. Especially if it is the first PBN you create. But it also offers you a unique possibility to take control over your off page SEO and position websites through link building.
If you play your cards right, follow the following steps and have a little patience, the benefits of having your own PBN will compensate all the effort, I assure you! 😉
#1. Get expired domains for your Private Blog Network
If you’re thinking that buying expired domains is a common practice that some consider black hat / Grey hat, you’ve got it right!
“Why would we set up a private blog network with expired domains…?”, you may ask. “Wouldn’t it be safer or less suspicious to create blogs, position them with good content and wait to receive links in a natural way?” maybe! But it would take you a long time to get those sites to have authority to pass on to your money site via links if you only relied on creating good content to get links.
One of the main reasons why it is worth buying expired domains for a PBN is because the age of the domain is an important ranking factor. With new blogs, gaining authority takes time.
And in addition to seniority, there are expired domains that still retain a good authority (those that belonged to public institutions or organizations, for example).
But you must be careful, because you could buy a domain with low authority or even penalized by Google.
To find good expired domains you can use specific search engines, such as Expireddomains.net. With this search engine you can apply filters that will help you locate domains of a certain age.
There are also a large number of backorder systems (auction in case more than one person is interested) such as for example:
Although we can also use traditional and more laborious methods such as buying expired domains manually.
In addition, you should look at the following metrics (you will see the tools you can use to find them on the side).
- URL Rating – Ahrefs.org
- Domain Rating – Ahrefs.org
- Number of Referral domains – Ahrefs.org
- DA (Domain Authority) – Open Site Explorer
- PA (Page Autority) – Open Site Explorer
- Domain age – Archive.org / who.is
- Check that you have not been hunted – Archive.org
You already have a good list of metrics to start with.
After analyzing the metrics, which help you to perform an analysis quantitative of the domains you are interested in acquiring, you should also make an analysis of the qualitative. Because there are other factors, such as the quality of the content that the domain had, which are not so easy to quantify, but are important.
Take a look at the domain with archive.org to see what type of website or blog it was, what content it had, etc.
#2. Register your domains
Once located, you must register your domains. But in this step you should also be cautious.
As you probably know, the name of the owner or “registrar” of a domain is usually public, and can be found out through Whois. If the same name appears in the domains of your blogs (or even worse, also in your money site), be sure that Google will catch you.
To avoid this, you can pay a premium to have a private Whois, or you can use different names as registrar (don’t worry, there are other data, such as administrator, billing data, etc., that identify you as the owner of the domain).
A good practice is to combine public and private names for both blogs. This helps these blogs look like independent projects.
The contact email must also be different for each domain with public Whois.
And in fact, to definitely sleep easy, you can register each domain with a different registrar.
The point is that Google has no way of relating blogs to each other.
#3. Choose the hosting for your PBN
Here you have at least two different options. Let’s see what they are:
- Host the domains in hosting services specialized in PBN (The least recommended, it is always better in independent hostings).
- Choose a different hosting for each blog.
With the first option, the hosting service should provide you with different IPs so that Google does not realize that all these blogs belong to the same owner. With the second alternative, your PBN will be virtually undetectable, but the management of your sites will be less centralized.
What you should never do is to have several sites on the same hosting plan with IPs that Google can relate, nor on a shared server with a hosting plan to use.
#4. Create sites for your private blog network
You already have the domains expired, you have registered them and you have a hosting plan (specialized, or for each of them). Now all that’s left is… to create the blogs!
We always say: first and foremost, common sense! 🙂
Everything should look natural. To do so, do not forget to follow these tips:
- Launch the blogs on different dates, not all at the same time! (this according to your level of paranoia xD)
- Provide them with quality content related to your money site. Do not plagiarize, avoid spine content, the result is very unnatural. If it’s too much work, you can outsource packages of items.
- Continue to post frequently on each of them. They must appear to be live blogs. The frequency of publication of each may be different, but it is important that they update their content frequently.
- Create pages and social profiles for blogs. That way you will get social signals, and you will also contribute to give that natural look we are looking for.
- Don’t link blogs to each other! In fact, this is one factor that differentiates PBNs from blog wheels or link pyramids. It is essential that there are no links between the blogs so that these sites cannot be linked.
- Forget about using Google Analytics, Search Console or Adsence on your blogs. Google would soon be using this information to tie up the ends.
Again, common sense and be very, very, very careful….
- Introduce the links progressively.
- Links always contextual, within the text, with optimized anchor text (always looking for naturalness) and surrounding text related to the theme of the money site; no links in the footer, you know!
- Avoid directing several links per blog to your money site. This is very suspicious. You will benefit more from a good backlink from each of your sites. That’s what a PBN is all about! 🙂
And that’s it! It doesn’t seem so complicated anymore, does it? Now you just need to get your own PBN up and running, and let me know the results!
If you have any questions, I am here to answer your comments, may the power of the links be with you! 😉
Sin asignación particular. Artículos redactados por el el equipo de Rodanet. Varias personas del equipo participan en crear los mejores artículos en cooperación y equipo 💪 Porque nos encanta trabajar en equipo 🔝