We have all heard stories about bad experiences with SEO or SEO agencies. If you are considering leaving it behind and are concerned about the possible repercussions, Rodanet has the answers.
Let’s see what could happen if you decide to abandon SEO!
Índice de contenidos
- 1 Two possible scenarios after abandoning SEO
- 2 Tu auditoría SEO la convertimos en realidad
- 3 Consequences of leaving SEO
- 4 So, should you stop doing SEO?
- 5 Keep your SEO up to date with Rodanet
Two possible scenarios after abandoning SEO
Everything will depend on the SEO strategy you have previously adopted:
- If this strategy has been superficial and lazy, it is likely that we will not notice significant changes during the first weeks or months after ceasing SEO, however, over time, it is possible that your page ranking will worsen significantly. This could be because Google’ s algorithm and other search engines are constantly evolving, and therefore SEO requires regular adjustments and maintenance to keep up with these.
- However, if you have employed a solid and effective SEO strategy , such as Rodanet’ s (you can read our success stories here), it is possible that the position of your website will be maintained or even improved over time. But, even in this scenario, by not keeping up with the constant updates and changes of the search engines, eventually sooner or later you could lose your ranking.
Tu auditoría SEO la convertimos en realidad
Want to know more about the consequences of stopping SEO? Read on to find out!
Consequences of leaving SEO
Your website will not be updated with the changes in Google’s algorithm.
Google is constantly modifying the algorithm it uses to rank search results and, from time to time, releases major updates. This means that you have to regularly update your strategy to keep up with the times. Something that worked well last month will not necessarily work this month.
That’s why it’s essential to always keep up with these updates and adjust your SEO strategy accordingly.
In addition, Google values regular updates and fresh content. Updating your website on a regular basis can also directly help you improve its ranking.
If we are continuously creating and revising articles, we should normally notice a growth in our online visibility. But if we stop, our site could stagnate.
Each new piece of content is a new opportunity to rank your website in search engines. New content also gives you the opportunity to rank for new keywords that can attract more potential customers to your website.
If you don’t take advantage of business opportunities due to a lack of SEO knowledge, you will be losing a lot of ground. Not launching a product or service because you don’t know how to position it online is a mistake that SEO experts, like the Rodanet team, know how to avoid.
If you want to know more, don’t miss our article “SEO content writing: A guide on how to optimize your content“.
Revenue reduction and competition will overtake you
Not doing SEO means that you will lose many opportunities to gain traffic and potential customers. Competitors who persist in their SEO investment will not only increase their visibility and traffic, but may also capture those customers who would have previously come to your website.
In addition, let’s imagine that our company launches a new product or service, if we do not use SEO strategies, we may never appear in Google searches, or worse, cannibalize and lose our keywords.
keywords, generating a lack of control.
In addition, linkbuilding strategies
(off page) strategies are essential, as they help to increase the authority of your website and, in the long run, have more potential to rank for more competitive keywords, your competition month after month continues to do so.
You will not pay attention to potential problems
Not working your SEO on a regular basis means you won’t know what’s going on with your website and you’ll end up overlooking potential risks or problems with your SEO. And what can happen? You will lose potential customers and sales for your business. Some of the potential risks include:
- Technical SEO problems: such as misconfigurations in Robots.txt, .htaccessfiles ,faulty sitemapsor broken links.
- Malicious links: having a lot of low quality links can cause Google to perceive your site as spam.
- Stolen content: if someone copies your content, you could be penalized for duplicate content, affecting your position in search results.
- Undetected hacks: attackers can alter content or redirect users to malicious sites, which can lead to penalties from search engines.You will have difficulty regaining rankings.
If you decide to resume SEO in the future, you may face a steep hill to regain lost search engine rankings.
So, should you stop doing SEO?
Now that you know what can happen if you stop doing SEO, you can already imagine that the answer to this question is NO.
If you want to get the most out of your SEO, it is essential that you continue to invest in it on an ongoing basis.
Although a good SEO strategy can offer long-term benefits, it is crucial to understand that SEO is a living strategy that needs to be continuously adapted and modified. Search engines change their algorithms regularly and users’ search intentions evolve as well. This means that even if your website has a good ranking now, it is important to continue with SEO work to ensure that it stays that way.
While you won’t lose all your traffic overnight, over time, your sites will most likely experience a decrease in organic traffic and drop in position in the SERPs.
Keep your SEO up to date with Rodanet
In short, the key to SEO is adaptability, it is necessary to be aware of the latest trends, changes in search engine algorithms, and adapt the SEO strategy accordingly. Rodanet understands the importance of this adaptability, ensuring that your website not only maintains its ranking, but also continuously improves, offering the best possible experience to users and satisfying their search intentions.
If you’re putting off working on your SEO because you don’t have the time to devote to it, we’re here to tell you that there are other options.
At Rodanet we have more than 12 years of experience in the sector and we have the best team of experts in our SEO and digital marketing agency. Let us take care of your website and work the SEO for you, contact us and get ready to see your business grow.